If you only need to re-zero your scale to subtract the weight of a container from the product being weighed, you can use the “TARE” function.
- Turn the scale on and wait for it to read 0.0g
- Add your container, then press the TARE button
- Now weigh your product
On the other hand, if your scale is no longer reading accurate weights, it may be time to recalibrate it.
An easy way to check is to weigh a nickel, if your scale shows anything other than 5.0g, it needs to be recalibrated. Here’s how:
- Turn the scale on and wait until it reads zero
- Press and hold the MODE button until the display changes to “CAL”, then release
- Press and release the MODE button once more, and the display will alternate flashing “CAL” and the required calibration weight, in grams
- Place the required calibration weight in the center of the platform, the scale will calibrate itself, display “PASS”, then switch back to standard weighing mode
Article is closed for comments.